Sunday, September 13, 2009

If only...

Note to self: At 5:00 am, apple pie counts as a breakfast for a demanding two-year-old. (It's got fruit in it.) Sugar-free vanilla ice cream counts as a dairy.

I had a million pre-coffee/still-asleep ideas to blog about, twenty minutes ago. But you know how it goes. The millisecond I sat down at the computer, my family began to talking to me. Even my husband, on third shift, called me to say "hi".  I forget all of my ideas by the time I was able to sit down again.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you...

I wish I could have three days to myself. My. Self. Alone. Just to clear my head.  Three days without Disney, disagreements or disaster.  Three days where the only people I have to talk to are waitstaff and hotel staff. And the only thing I have to talk about is what I need to make my life easier.  Plenty of hot water. Clean white towels. And hot coffee. And a fast internet connection.

Doesn't that sound like heaven?

What I'd do with that time is figure out exactly what's going on in my latest book. My characters are meandering around and I'm not sure where we're going. Which is a BAD THING. Usually, I write a synopsis before I even type the words Chapter One. But Ceci and Duke's voices were so strong, I had to hit the ground running.

Now I'm not sure who wants what, what motivates them or what their conflicts are. I don't know what's going to happen in the next scene or chapter. Worse, I can't even write a rough query or a pitch for this book. I'm working on my website and was going to put their pitch on the home page...

If only I could think. If only I had time. If only...

If anyone knows a way for creative Mommies to escape on the cheap, PLEASE share them here. Duke and Ceci need your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please email me at cdyates@ymail.com if you can't comment! I'm having trouble with my settings and am trying to fix them.