Thursday, December 31, 2009

I resolve...

Like everyone else in the world (or mostly everyone else), I'm shucking the quest for a creative post today, to announce my New Year's Resolutions, which I will subsequently (like everyone else) forget to follow or give up following in about a week and a half, after the gleam has rubbed off the shiny new year and real life has set back in.

Anyone wishing to edit the above sentence has my blessings. I haven't had my coffee yet.

Speaking of coffee--I RESOLVE TO STOP FORKING OVER MY HUSBAND'S HARD-EARNED CASH FOR DUNKIN DONUTS COFFEE.  No more extra-large Toasted Almond extra light, cream, no sugar. Ditto Hazelnut. And this summer--no more large, iced Coconut, cream, no sugars, either.

I don't know what it is about Dunkin Donuts. They do something to their coffee to make it addicting. I think it has something to do with the crack they plop into each cup. And we, the addicted, line up like lemmings every day for our jones of choice. It has got. To. Stop. Honestly, spending over twenty dollars a week for coffee is ridiculous. Even if it feels like we're going to die without it...even if hallucinations of flying monkeys, Shakespeare and Moses come visit me and command, "Get thee to the nearest DD", I will hold fast to my visions of a Dunkin Donut free life.

No more secrets stashes of cash, just in case I need a fix. No more noting the location of every Dunkin Donuts we pass. (In Rhode Island, this is practically every corner). The pink and orange shadow will loom over my consciousness--no more!

Just as soon as I finish this cup...

Happy New Year to one and all and may all your resolutions come true.

2 comments:

  1. Question - Were the flying monkeys carrying Shakespeare and Moses? Cos that'd be cool.


    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't drink coffee, but you make it sound so yummy that I might have to stop at our neighborhood Dunkin Donuts and check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Please email me at cdyates@ymail.com if you can't comment! I'm having trouble with my settings and am trying to fix them.